Dancers of all ages love to compete one last time at the end of summer at the Canmore Highland Games.
The Highland Dance competition runs all day long, and you are able to see the competition as it unfolds. Dancers may also be seen in the Official Opening Ceremonies as they participate in the Massed Fling, to the immense enjoyment of those in attendance.
The dance area is located in the southeast corner of Centennial Park. No seating provided; please bring your lawn chairs.
*Please note that in the event of inclement weather, the competition will be relocated to the Lawrence Grassi School gymnasium at the west end of Centennial park.
- Primary/Beginner: 9 am (Registration: 8:15)
- Novice/Intermediate: 11:30 am (Registration: 10:45)
- Premier: 2 pm (Registration 1:15)
Dance Entry Acceptance & Closing Dates
- Online entry opening date to be advised asap
- Competition entry closing date to be advised asap
- LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED with a $25 late fee until (time and date to be advised)
*Opening Ceremony Recreational Massed Fling (4-step) at 1:00 pm. Please report to the front of the Don Garen Festival Tent at 12:45 pm.
*All dancers in any Highland Dance outfit are encouraged to participate at no charge. Please take part if you can, as this is part of our pageantry of the day, enjoyed very much by the spectators.
Jill Young, AB
Gaelyn McGregor, MB
Linda Napier, Scotland