Sunday, September 1 – 8 am to 5 pm
Event location: Main Field, Centennial Park, Canmore
Individual Piping and Drumming events start at approximately 8:30 am and run during the morning at various judging stations throughout the park. Competitors will be notified of their competition times in advance.
Early afternoon brings the Pipe Band competition.
The finale of the day is the closing ceremony where all bands will join the Massed Pipes & Drums of the Canmore Highland Games, at 5 pm.
We would love to have you join us this year and look forward to reuniting with you all.
INFORMATION FOR COMPETITORS
Piping & Drumming Competition Entry (available 2024)
- Registrations Open: TBA
- Registrations Close: TBA
- All competition entries are non-refundable.
- We wish you all good luck and look forward to a great day of competition!
Registration and Check-In
- Please pick up your kilt numbers at the Piping & Drumming Tent at the west end of the main field.The Piping & Drumming Office opens at 8 am.
- Only pre-registered competitors will be accepted – no same-day entries available.
- ALL COMPETITORS – PLEASE BE AT YOUR JUDGING PLATFORM AT YOUR CORRECT, POSTED TIME.
Individual Pipers & Drummers
The Piping and Drumming competition for individual competitors begins at 8:00 am. These continue until all entrants have played.
You must be properly attired in Highland dress (with the exception of Novice Chanter and Drum Pad players) and your kilt number must be pinned to the front of your kilt. No competitor will be allowed to play without a kilt number.
Band Competitions take place in the afternoon, beginning at approximately 2:00 pm.
If you are interested in coming out to the Games to perform an exhibition segment and take part in the Massed Bands, please register by emailing: email@example.com.
Participants to begin lining up for Massed Bands at 4:30 pm. Massed Bands performance, piping & drumming awards and closing ceremony to begin at 5 pm.
ACCOMMODATION FOR BANDS
If you require assistance finding hotel rooms please contact us directly and we will try to help.