Piping and Drumming Competition
The individual Piping and Drumming competition runs during the morning at various judging stations throughout the park.
Early afternoon brings the Drum Major contest, followed by the Pipe Band Competitions.
The finale of the day is the Massed Bands of the Canmore Highland Games.
We would love to have you join us this year and look forward to a great competition and reuniting with you all.
The online entry is now available and Order of Play will be posted in due time at the close of entries.
BANDS – if you require assistance finding hotel rooms please contact us directly and we will try to help.
- Please pick up your kilt numbers at the ASPD booth adjacent to the Piping & Drumming Tent at Canmore Highland Games.
- BE AT YOUR JUDGING PLATFORM AT YOUR CORRECT, POSTED TIME.
- You must be properly attired in Highland dress (with the exception of Novice Chanter and Drum Pad players) and your kilt number must be pinned to the front of your kilt. No competitor will be allowed to play without a kilt number.
- Results will be posted outside the P & D Registration Tent as soon as possible after they are tabulated. Medal or prize money and adjudication sheets may be picked up at this tent after results are posted.
- All competition entries are non-refundable.
- We wish you all good luck and look forward to a great day of competition!
The Piping & Drumming Office opens at 8 am. Only pre-registered competitors will be accepted – no same-day entries available.
The Piping and Drumming competition for individual competitors begins at 8:30 am, with Band Competitions in the afternoon, beginning at approximately 1:45 pm. These continue until all entrants have played.
Please contact us for timings of dress inspection and drill and deportment. These will run mid-day, with final times to be announced.
Participants to begin lining up for Massed Bands immediately following the Pipe Band Competition. Massed Bands performance, piping & drumming awards and closing ceremony to begin at 5 pm.