Sunday, September 4, 2022 – 8 am to 6 pm
Weather doesn’t matter – all events go on, rain or shine! You’re coming to the mountains so bring your layers. It’s often cool in the mornings, warming up later. Whatever the weather, the entertainment will be there for you, along with lots of great food and a heated festival tent. The atmosphere will be buzzing with anticipation of the competitions and events.
Join us for a full slate of events comprising the Highland Games – pancake breakfast, highland dance demonstrations, a piping and drumming exhibition, drum majors workshop, heavy sports, tug of war, sheepdogs, clan tents, Celtic vendors, Scotch tasting, traditional food and beverages, food trucks, beer garden, massed bands and more.
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Sorry no dogs due to Town of Canmore bylaw
- Please park and walk from the free Town of Canmore parking areas – no parking at site (Keep in mind Parking Time Limits for different parking lots)
- NEW – Bottled water now available again for sale on-site!
- Please see our Event Parking page for how to access the site whether you are taking the free Roam bus, driving or biking (free on-site bike parking is included in your admission)
- Bring your own lawn chairs for the field events
- Times subject to change
- All events go on rain, snow or shine
- All ticket purchases are non-refundable
Schedule of Events
- Valbella’s Gourmet Foods Pancake Breakfast – Wild Rose Festival Tent
- Heavy Sports desk opens (SW corner of park)
- Scottish & Celtic Market booths open
- Heavy Sports Contest begins – SW corner of park
- Highland Dance Competition to begin
- British Car and Motorcycle Show opens (SW area of site)
- Beer Garden opens in The Wild Rose Festival Tent with entertainment – Cabot’s Crossing
- Food trucks (field) and Games Food Booth (in festival tent) open
- Sheep dog demonstration by Gary Bissell, Main Field, times to be confirmed.
- Kids Tug of War, Main Field (2 boys teams, 2 girls teams)
- Official opening ceremonies – Canmore Highland Games (ATCO Stage, Main Field)
- Highland Dance Mass Fling.
- Adult Tug of War Heats on Main Field
- Afternoon Beer Garden including featured act Fraid Knot.
- Pipe Band Exhibition begins on the Main Field.
- Whisky Tasting (tickets available at Games Retail Booth, The Wild Rose Festival Tent)
- Adult Tug of War final contest, main field
- The Amazing Highland raffle draw
- Massed pipes & drums of the Canmore Highland Games
- Official closing ceremonies.
- See you at the Ceilidh (big kitchen party) with headliners Arcana Kings (formerly The Johnny McCuaig Band)!
(Times subject to change without notice.)